My Event-Planning Experience
My Event-Planning Experience
- Association of Young Jewish Adults (AYJA) Singles Committee
- Helped coordinate: Aerob-i-thon, wine-tasting evening, various dances, parties and fundraisers.
- University of Waterloo - Jewish Students’ Association
- Co-presidential duties included coordinating weekly bagel brunches, social events, holiday parties/dances, producing a monthly newsletter, liaising with other campus groups, membership outreach.
- Kolel - The Centre for Liberal Jewish Learning
- Member of singles committee. Helped coordinate shabbat dinners for large crowds, speakers, a “teva and torah” hiking event, and other activities.
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Toronto
- Worked closely with event coordinator to plan the annual bachelor’s auction evening.
- Anshei Minsk Synagogue
- Member of planning committee for Bachelor Auction. Worked closely with event chair to interview candidates, procure silent auction items, organize logistics of evening and host the event.
- Sharyn’s Singles Soirees/Events by Sharyn
- Coordinated large singles weekends in Toronto and Gananoque, including dealing with hotels, coordinating meals, entertainment, activities, logistics of weekends, registration and serving as co-host.
- Maintained databases for all events
- Helped coordinate and present speaker/discussion evenings, musical events and more. Ongoing to present day.
- Toronto Hadassah-WIZO
- Currently President of ATID Chapter. Responsible for overall smooth running of chapter meetings and events, plus administration.
- Special projects include: Bowl-a-thon fundraiser, Comedy night, Spring gift bags.
- Work closely with Bazaar Chair to organize housewares and collectibles booth at annual bazaar, including scheduling, promotion and liaison with office and public.
- Monthly Discussion Group
- Current administrator and coordinator of a monthly group in Toronto; Responsible for organizing venue, coordinating refreshments, and overall smooth running of each evening.
- Canadian Alarm and Security Association
As Communications Manager, responsibilities included:
- Monthly chapter breakfast meetings: Duties included liaising with hotel regarding seating, food, a/v requirements and parking; coordinating attendee registration and seating.
- Annual Ontario Golf Tournament: Duties included running putting contest, coordinating closing banquet, buying prizes and coordinating prize draws.
- Membership booth at Trade Show: Responsible for entire booth, including set up, tear-down, design and content of booth. Coordinated volunteer schedule for booth attendance and manned booth full time during the show. Provided membership services at booth.
- Trade Show Banquet: Responsible for researching and determining theme, working closely with hotel and event-planning company to produce the evening, liaising with entertainers, helping to plan menu, prize draws, hosting and more.
Return to Shayla's home page.